Sunday, September 27, 2009

9 days of Navratri


Navratri - the moment my brain think of this word it picks few more more words which are deepely associated directly or indirectly with it like Navdurga , Garba , Vaishnav Devi , Mela , Long vacataion , Crowd , long queues , Fasting .... and many more list is so long that i can not key in every word and why not the list should be endless because i had been celebrating these 9 days since my childhood.
I do remember when i was kid around 6 or 7 yrs in age my parents use to take me and my siblings to show Pandal and after that we use hover accross different shops in Mela.
I use to eagerly wait for these days....i would cherish these days throughout my life.
In Mela we use to have road side food , enjoy rides , watch magic shows and circus ....play games , balloon shoooting the list is endless. The enjoyment bonanza doesnot ends here ....After Navratri ...Dussherha.... when we use to see RAVANA mascot being set to ablaze by Lord RAMA .As the pendulam of the clock swinged time passed and today
After 25 years..........
The whole world looks different.When i compare with the my childhood i feel my life has been shattered.Today the 9 days has got completely different meaning.
Dont go out may be you can get swine flu ....dont eat road side food you may fall sick as it is not hygenic .....Police Bandobast is so huge that you may feel some crime has occured at the Pandal or near the temple. I feel every good thing has become insecure today.
I to have changed intially i use to flit around different shops in Mela to have food but nowadays i keep Fast.Instead of eating road side food with my friends I take Fruits .....thanks to 9 days ...usually i dont eat fruits :)
Today is 9th day of 2009 Navratri puja.
After offering prayer to Maa Durga I broke my fast today and then went to Kali Temple for prayer and had bhog......
Sometime i feel why did i grow up i would loved to be kid whole life.
But the same time when my mind memorize one popular proverb ......Change is Constant ..I get dejected.
Waiting for tomorrow to enjoy Dussehra.....:) :) :)

No comments: